HOPEANN'S GOOEY BUTTER CRINKLE COOKIES
Makes 24(?) or so. Never counted -- we eat them too quickly.
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (18.25 oz) package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Festive sprinkles (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add cake mix, and stir until well blended.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and then roll the balls into the powdered sugar.
- Place balls 1 inch apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes.
- (optional) While still warm, top with festive sprinkles.
- Remove warm cookies from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.